Friday, September 9, 2016

Twenty seconds to become proud the wrong or right way, you decide

Let's face it, we've all been there. Where? The bible gives us a clue below:
1. The things I take pride in are my abilities and people around me. Yes I have trouble believing that I can make a difference in my community because I am believing a lie that I can reach everyone in the world.
2. I have reached over eight thousand people with my blogs and I am making an impact on everyone who reads those blogs.
3. I am less proud through God's work in knowing that only He is using me and nobody else is using me. I feel more humble in realizing that He is the Godhead that is going to continue to be glorified through this ministry!


Psalm 10:4-18 NIV
[4] In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. [5] His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. [6] He says to himself, "Nothing will ever shake me." He swears, "No one will ever do me harm." [7] His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue. [8] He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent. His eyes watch in secret for his victims; [9] like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net. [10] His victims are crushed, they collapse; they fall under his strength. [11] He says to himself, "God will never notice; he covers his face and never sees." [12] Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless. [13] Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"? [14] But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. [15] Break the arm of the wicked man; call the evildoer to account for his wickedness that would not otherwise be found out. [16] The Lord is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land. [17] You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, [18] defending the fatherless and the oppressed, so that mere earthly mortals will never again strike terror.
Proverbs 16:18-20 NIV
[18] Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. [19] Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud. [20] Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.
Proverbs 22:4 NIV
[4] Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life.
James 3:13-16 NIV
[13] Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. [14] But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. [15] Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. [16] For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
2 Corinthians 10:17 NIV
[17] But, "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord."


Struggling with doubt and pride can lead us to depend on God! Pride can actually get us in trouble if not used for the glory of God. 

Pride can be good and be bad! Your choice....

Love, in the Lord,
Tatiana









 

No comments:

Post a Comment