Friday, December 30, 2016

Understanding the Heart of Worship

Have you ever noticed that worship is not all about you? How about with other believers?

This is another devotional I recently finished: 1. Worship has sustained me in the past by encouraging me like family that worship together and not just at church but together as a community. 
2. God has called me to share the gospel with my friends at work who do not have a relationship with this holy God. Yes, I will be like Isaiah and go where God leads me. 



1 Kings 17:1-6 NIV
[1] Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word." [2] Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: [3] "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. [4] You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there." [5] So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. [6] The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.
Isaiah 50:4-10 NIV
[4] The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. [5] The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away. [6] I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. [7] Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. [8] He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me! [9] It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me. Who will condemn me? They will all wear out like a garment; the moths will eat them up. [10] Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on their God.
Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV
[20] Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, [21] equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Worship is important, but if we are not careful, it can become all about us. http://www.crosswalk.com/home-page/todays-features/7-things-we-regularly-get-wrong-about-worship.html This link should give you a clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkPRlKj-Hc

Hope this helps you understand that even though we are Christians, we can be hard-hearted sometimes.

I hope you feel cleansed.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment