Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Forgiveness is the number one rule to restoration: Let's do it together!

Have you EVER, be completely honest, wanted revenge for something someone did to you or said that was mean and hurtful? 

This was today's devotional that I caught up with: 
1. Yes, I am wanting payback for my pastor who called me "sweetie" during the Membership Class. I am experiencing spiritual pain as a result of this. The consequences are God telling me to let it go and me refusing to.
2. God has forgiven me for defrauding my mother's account and talking bad about my care provider's daughter.
3. Reviewing how I have been forgiven has helped me in this way through telling me that God is the One who avenges not me and that I should wait to let him do the talking or doing and me the forgiving.


Matthew 6:12-15 NIV
[12] And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. ' [14] For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. [15] But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Luke 6:27-36 NIV
[27] "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you. [32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Romans 12:14-21 NIV
[14] Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. [15] Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. [16] Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. [17] Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. [18] If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. [19] Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. [20] On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." [21] Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Matthew 7:12 NIV
[12] So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 6:12 NIV
[12] And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.


As you know, Scripture CLEARLY states that taking matters into our own hands is NOT godly at all. 

Try this song instead of focusing on all the hurt: https://youtu.be/XDK1juLgEYU

Hope this taught you a lesson in forgiveness. I need it too!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment