Thursday, December 15, 2016

True Joy and Love Are Found In Christ Alone: How to find Peace LikeJesus said in his word

What is joy? What is being happy? What is the total difference between the two?


I hope and pray you are moved by this devotional: 
1. Enjoyable, delightful and interesting. 
2. Yes, delighting in God's word attracts me to the bible. Waking up in the morning and going about my day motivate me to spending time in God's word.
3. My spiritual life is growing in a way that is prosperous and fruitful. 


Psalm 112:1-10 NIV
[1] Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who find great delight in his commands. [2] Their children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. [3] Wealth and riches are in their houses, and their righteousness endures forever. [4] Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous. [5] Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. [6] Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. [7] They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. [8] Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. [9] They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor, their righteousness endures forever; their horn will be lifted high in honor. [10] The wicked will see and be vexed, they will gnash their teeth and waste away; the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.
Psalm 119:9-16 NIV
[9] How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. [10] I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. [11] I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. [12] Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees. [13] With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. [14] I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. [15] I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. [16] I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV
[7] "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. [8] They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
John 7:38 NIV
[38] Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."
Revelation 7:17 NIV
[17] For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.' "
Romans 11:33 NIV
[33] Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!


I hope you find pure joy and God's love in the midst of whatever you are going through.

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment