Monday, December 26, 2016

Non-Charismatic versus Charismatic Beliefs Regarding the Bible While Marinating in His Word

Fearing the Lord can do a LOT for you. Having fear of people is much different from having respect for God which is exactly what I mean here.

An hour ago, I was having a discussion about faith.  I personally don't believe in Charismatics that much as well as I used to when I was baptized into a Charismatic believing baptist church years ago.
Now, I am back where I should be: in a non Charismatic believing church called Shoreline. I love my Lead Pastor who is non Charismatic and is bible believing and spoon-feeding me like a father would.  I never had a non Charismatic father-figure who is a pastor who leads his Congregation in sweet growth and worship to our King! I was told that something may happen where poop hits the fan and all hell breaks loose at Shoreline and that things like that DO happen at churches.
Well, not here! Not at Shoreline Community Church! This is my home where I spiritually belong and linger and marinate in God's word and fellowship with believers.

Here is a devotional I did a few days ago that may comply and tie into what I am trying to say:

1. Fearing the Lord can change this perspective by reminding me that looks are deceiving according to the bible.
2. She served others by getting up during the night and while everyone else was sleeping, prepared food for her family and servants.
3. Her family, neighbors and friends were the most touched because she kept her focus on her Savior and nothing more. I underestimate this power by pretending like I have until tomorrow when I do not. I need to use each day wisely and not skim my days here on earth. Tomorrow is NOT promised, hello!


Psalm 139:1-24 NIV
[1] You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. [2] You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. [3] You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. [4] Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. [5] You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. [6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. [7] Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? [8] If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. [9] If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, [10] even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. [11] If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," [12] even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. [13] For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. [14] I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. [15] My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. [16] Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. [17] How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! [18] Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand---when I awake, I am still with you. [19] If only you, God, would slay the wicked! Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty! [20] They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name. [21] Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? [22] I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies. [23] Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. [24] See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Romans 12:1-12 NIV
[1] Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God---this is your true and proper worship. [2] Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is---his good, pleasing and perfect will. [3] For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. [4] For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, [5] so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. [6] We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; [7] if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; [8] if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. [9] Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. [10] Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. [11] Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. [12] Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Galatians 6:9-10 NIV
[9] Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. [10] Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
1 Peter 3:1-6 NIV
[1] Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, [2] when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. [3] Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. [4] Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. [5] For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, [6] like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
Proverbs 31:1-31 NIV
[1] The sayings of King Lemuel---an inspired utterance his mother taught him. [2] Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb! Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers! [3] Do not spend your strength on women, your vigor on those who ruin kings. [4] It is not for kings, Lemuel---it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, [5] lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. [6] Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish! [7] Let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more. [8] Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. [9] Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. [10] A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. [11] Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. [12] She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. [13] She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. [14] She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. [15] She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. [16] She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. [17] She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. [18] She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. [19] In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. [20] She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. [21] When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. [22] She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. [23] Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. [24] She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. [25] She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. [26] She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. [27] She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. [28] Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: [29] "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." [30] Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. [31] Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:25 NIV
[25] She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
[17] Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

https://iluvbingjcsbride.blogspot.com/2016/05/charisma-news-and-being-extra-careful.html should give you a hint on what I am trying to point out here.

Pastor Kevin stated once that feeling uncomfortable when you leave your church and that is true. Why? Because many times I have cried during his sermons because the Holy Spirit touched me! (Words that are taken from him, not me.)

I hope and pray that you understand what I mean regarding Charismatics versus Real Church stuff that is taught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su5DG8pQMB8 I hope too that this link will brighten up your future with Christ.

Think about it!

Blessings!






No comments:

Post a Comment