Thursday, August 18, 2016

Animals and nature: when you get bit by one, make sure you have Jesusinyou

I don't get asked this a lot but, I am asking you: how do you do it all? Truthfully I don't!
I get up in the morning and get ready for the day. Yet, here is what this devotional taught me one morning:

1. A while ago a woman showed kindness to me by paying for my sandwich at Subway and not accepting change back. I responded with a thank you to her.
2. Honestly I don't recall when my kindness was misinterpreted. It made me feel sad though. 
3. Kindness that God is asking me to bestow upon someone is helping my friend get in my care provider's car. 


Proverbs 11:16-17 NIV
[16] A kindhearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth. [17] Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves.
Hosea 11:1-4 NIV
[1] "When Israel was a child, I loved him,
 and out of Egypt I called my son. [2] But the more they were called, the more they went away from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images. [3] It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. [4] I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.
John 15:1-5 NIV
[1] "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. [2] He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. [3] You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. [4] Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. [5] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Galatians 5:22-26 NIV
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [23] gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. [24] Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. [25] Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. [26] Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Colossians 3:12 NIV
[12] Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Live loved! www.proverbs31.org/radio. 
Remember that Jesus loves you and you will only find unconditional love in NO ONE but Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment