Sunday, November 26, 2017

Confessions of a Shopping Spree: Don't rely on Your own Wits and Whims to get you through Life

It's easy to: spend money on stuff we don't necessarily need, say we are okay when really we are not, hide a mask, and make ourselves appear fine to others when really, there is something else at risk and it's BURIED underneath our surface.

When I am weak and vulnerable to pain, I tend to spend money on things like batteries, coffee, and junk food that really, just goes right THROUGH my body. (Yes, confession is healing.)

But you know what? Jesus LOVES us in our weakness and he wants to help us!!


If all we do is rely on our own whits and whims, we miss the point of growing up in faith. For me, this means, self control on my bank account in my wallet and relying FULLY on God and his strength to make a change by apologizing to him and turning back to his gift of grace. Again and again!!

Practice what you preach, not the other way around.

Key passages: Exodus 3:1-15, Joshua 1:1-9, 2 Corinthians 3:4-6, Luke 1:26-38, 2 Timothy 1:7-12, Philippians 4:13, Matthew 19:26, Jeremiah 32:17, Romans 8:37, 2 Corinthians 12:9 

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment