Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Struggle with Sin: God help me out of this hole I dug myself into

We all struggle with sin. We don't like to acknowledge it, we would rather hide it, but eventually we must confront our sins. Or we will be consumed by them.
Sin feeds a dangerous cycle in our lives. We desire something that goes against God's will for our lives and we move towards it. In disobedience, we sin. And then we usher in what always accompanies sin: we sign up for eventual suffering. 
So how do we stop sin dead in its tracks? We humbly acknowledge our need for God and we ask him if any of these can lead to sin. 

God, I place my desires before you and I ask you if any of these could lead to sin. I only want what your best is for my life. In Jesus name. Amen. 

For more, visit https://www.proverbs31.org/

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment