Saturday, July 30, 2016

Prayer and how we operate on Christ and his terms only

How many of you think and believe I need to be healed? 
How many of you believe I have been healed? 
Reality check: I have been healed!!!!
Take a look at the devotional below: 
1. The storm that I am weathering right now is my mom constantly praying for my healing when I don't want it. I am afraid to tell her that I don't want or need the healing because I am afraid she will do something about it that is bad. 
2. I have seen God lift me up in the past through my pastor praying over me about my problems and God answering our prayers. 
3. I have learned how to pray in the midst of a storm through the storm, not out! I can use this as an example to help others pray during their tough storms. 


Psalm 18:1-50 NIV
[1] I love you, Lord, my strength. [2] The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. [3] I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies. [4] The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. [5] The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. [6] In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. [7] The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry. [8] Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. [9] He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet. [10] He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind. [11] He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him---the dark rain clouds of the sky. [12] Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced, with hailstones and bolts of lightning. [13] The Lord thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded. [14] He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy, with great bolts of lightning he routed them. [15] The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at your rebuke, Lord, at the blast of breath from your nostrils. [16] He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. [17] He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. [18] They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. [19] He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. [20] The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. [21] For I have kept the ways of the Lord; I am not guilty of turning from my God. [22] All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. [23] I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin. [24] The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight. [25] To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, [26] to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the devious you show yourself shrewd. [27] You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty. [28] You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. [29] With your help I can advance against a troop ; with my God I can scale a wall. [30] As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. [31] For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? [32] It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. [33] He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. [34] He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. [35] You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great. [36] You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way. [37] I pursued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed. [38] I crushed them so that they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet. [39] You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me. [40] You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes. [41] They cried for help, but there was no one to save them---to the Lord, but he did not answer. [42] I beat them as fine as windblown dust; I trampled them like mud in the streets. [43] You have delivered me from the attacks of the people; you have made me the head of nations. People I did not know now serve me, [44] foreigners cower before me; as soon as they hear of me, they obey me. [45] They all lose heart; they come trembling from their strongholds. [46] The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! [47] He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations under me, [48] who saves me from my enemies. You exalted me above my foes; from a violent man you rescued me. [49] Therefore I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. [50] He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing love to his anointed, to David and to his descendants forever.
Psalm 59:16-17 NIV
[16] But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. [17] You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
Jonah 2:1-9 NIV
[1] 2 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God. [2] He said:
 "In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry. [3] You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me. [4] I said, 'I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.' [5] The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head. [6] To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit. [7] "When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. [8] "Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God's love for them. [9] But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the Lord.' "

This was another day's devotional that really helped me grow in my walk with the Lord.
Exodus 15:26 NLT
[26] He said, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you."
This is my prayer for my baby brother however, it involves me as well! 
So keep praying for us! Thank you! 

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment